Here is the calendar for October 2009. Wow, it's a busy month! Just click on the calendar to make it larger and to print it out.
Please note the change for the Fruit of the Month Workshop. It will now be held on Wednesday, October 28th from 6-9 PM.
The schedule change is due to the fact that I made a last minute decision to participate in the Svensk Hyllingsfest Arts & Crafts Show in Lindsborg, Kansas when I found out that they still had an opening. This show - and Swedish festival - is held only every other year. If you're on the road in Kansas, please stop by to shop!
There is one brand new workshop scheduled for Saturday, October 17th from 9 AM - Noon. This is open to beginners - you do not need to have attended the Fusing Basics workshop to participate!
COPPER INCLUSIONS WORKSHOP: Learn how to use copper inclusions in fused glassware. You'll be thrilled when you see how beautiful it is when it is fired, and you might even be inspired to create a special serving piece for your fall entertaining - especially Thanksgiving!
You'll be making one 6" square piece to learn the techniques that you'll need to create projects during open studio times. If time permits you may make additional pieces for an extra fee.
- Saturday, October 17th - 9 AM 'til NOON
- Pre-payment is required! A minimum attendance of 4 people is required for the workshop to be held, so invite a friend or two to participate with you! If minimum attendance is not met, the workshop will be canceled and your pre-payment will be returned to you.
- Workshop Fee: $50, includes all materials, instruction and kiln firing; additional pieces $22 each. Students will receive a 10% discount for the workshop fee only.
Join us to create beautiful citrus-like dishes! If you've been participating every month so far this year, by now you have a great collection of dishes that look like fruit. Check past blog posts to see photos of everyone's dishes.
Besides the benefits of just getting together to relax, have fun, closely examine the design and colors in fruits... and eat treats, everyone is learning new techniques to use to create designs in glass. Participants are getting great at cutting circles, too!
Another great benefit - if you've created a dozen 6" dishes by the end of the year, you will receive a 20% discount to create a larger serving piece to go with the set of dishes! If you're behind and don't have close to a dozen dishes yet, you'll want to get into the studio to work on more projects (you can make more than one during open studio times) to take advantage of this great discount!
- Wednesday, October 28th - 6 'til 9 PM
- Workshop Fee: $40 for first-time fruit fusers, $30 for past fruit fusers. If time permits, you may make additional fruit plates for a special reduced fee of only $15 each! This is a great deal you won't want to miss! And, it will give you an opportunity to catch up to have a dozen plates by the end of the year so that you can take advantage of the 20% discount on your fruit serving bowl!
Please call at least one day in advance to let me know you plan to come to open studio. There is a $10 per visit fee for use of the studio tools and supplies. All glass and other materials require additional fees depending on what you choose to use in your project.